Three Valleys, France
Highly competitive +full board accommodation +return travel +insurance
Chalet Chef required in the Three Valleys, France for the 2012/13 season!
The role of Chalet Chef involves building on Powder N Shine’s existing reputation as providers of superior quality food and wine. Your commitment to high quality service and ensuring a friendly environment for all guests will also be at the forefront of your responsibilities.
Are you looking to improve on your already established culinary skills, spend plenty of time on the piste and work in a close-knit hard-working team? One of our core team members is Brendan Pratt, an award winning chef who has trained at The Fat Duck, The Waterside Inn (both 3* Michelin) and the Ritz London. If you are looking to gain invaluable experience with our award-winning chef, apply today.
Specific responsibilities and tasks will include the following:
Food preparation and kitchen management
Undertaking all food preparation and cooking to include breakfast,
afternoon tea and the evening main meal – canapés, 3-course dinner and cheese board.
Management of chalet hosts within the kitchen environment (including appropriate delegation of some food preparation tasks where appropriate) and overseeing the service of all meals.
Continuous cleaning of kitchen including all surfaces, hobs and kitchen equipment.
Weekly deep clean of all areas mentioned above as well as aiding the chalet hosts on changeover day to ensure chalet turnaround.
Daily stock inventory to ensure all necessary provisions are available.
Weekly shopping list creation to reflect the forthcoming week’s requirements.
The overall requirement will be to ensure that guests enjoy their food when staying with Powder NShine through being as attentive, professional and engaging as possible at all times.
- Highly competitive salary paid in the UK
- Food provided in the chalet
- Accommodation in one of Powder N Shine’s chalets
- Ski pass and equipment rental for the season
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the contract
- Medical and accident insurance
- 1 day off per week plus plenty of potential piste time
- Experience in the hospitality industry required. Catering qualifications desired including a hygiene certificate.
- Excellent social skills to deal with people from all walks of life of all ages and often families with children.
- Uncompromising standards of hygiene and professionalism.
- The ability to bring ideas to the menus and also be able to multi task by dealing withdifferent dietary requirements.
- A love and passion for food and cooking is an absolute must – Powder N Shine pride themselves on serving the best quality meals of which we have a good reputation.
All applicants must be in possession of an EU passport or work permit for the UK and an existing permanent UK National Insurance number. Due to motor insurance requirements, only applicants over 21 years of age will be considered – there is no maximum age limit.