Three Valleys, France
Highly competitive with full ski benefits
We are looking for highly creative and passionate chefs to help build on our existing reputation as providers of superior quality food and wine with a commitment to high quality service. Exceptional food and wine is a key component of our Powder N Shine offering and has been a trigger for a high number of returning visitors.
With a real focus on quality, we expect our staff to have the same values and dedication to service excellence as we do. You will be responsible for all food preparation and cooking to include breakfast, afternoon tea and the evening main meal – canapés , 3-course dinner and cheese board.
We also offer our guests with children under a certain age a high tea which consists of an earlier simple tea. You will also be expected to cater for all dietary requirements in the chalet.
Team work is hugely important to Powder N Shine and you, along with two chalet hosts will be responsible for the daily running of the chalet and delivering outstanding customer service, without exception. All team members of Powder N Shine are considered as front of house. The overall requirement will be to ensure that guests enjoy their dining experience when staying in the chalet through being as attentive, professional and engaging as possible at all times, as well as serving superb food. You must be a team player, enjoy socialising and delivering on excellent customer service, have a can-do attitude and remain professional at all times.
We do ensure that our employees benefit from a fair proportion of skiing and private time, and those that do a good job will also enjoy healthy tips from happy guests.
- Competitive salary paid in the UK
- Food and drink
- Accommodation in one of Powder N Shine’s chalets or external apartments
- Ski pass and equipment rental for the season
- Holiday pay
- Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the contract
- Medical and accident insurance
- 1 day off per week plus plenty of potential piste time
- Tips (not guaranteed however!)
- You will hold a recognised Catering qualification - NVQ / City and Guilds Chef Qualification along with extensive kitchen experience. (Level 3 required).
- Minimum 3 years post-qualification experience in professional kitchens in fine dining restaurants (ideally to 3 AA rosette standard/1 Michelin Star or equivalent).
- Excellent social skills to deal with people from all walks of life of all ages.
- Uncompromising standards of hygiene and professionalism.
- The ability to bring ideas to the menus and also be able to multi task by dealing with different dietary requirements.
- A love and passion for food and cooking is an absolute must – Powder N Shine pride themselves on serving the best quality meals of which we have a good reputation.
All applicants must be in possession of an EU passport / UK work permit and be a minimum of 21 years (motor insurance requirement).